I am a certified and qualified Spanish > English freelance translator and interpreter, with over 8 years of experience in the Translation sector.
Originally from London, UK, I am now based full-time in Guadalajara, Mexico where I use my linguistic, cultural and business knowledge to work with local and global clients in the commercial, marketing, HR and tourism sectors.
Alongside translation, I have experience in the Real Estate, Insurance, HR, Marketing and Tourism sectors in the UK, Spain and Mexico. Each position has complemented and enriched my translation and language skills in Spanish and English, and I combine these with a thorough understanding of business to help boost my clients’ businesses.
My qualifications include:
- BA Hispanic Studies (Translation, Linguistics and Literature), University of Birmingham, UK (2004 – 2008)
- Diplomado de Traducción Español – Inglés, Organización Mexicana de Traductores, Guadalajara, Mexico (2009-2010)
- The Community Interpreter® Training Certificate (40 hours), Cross-Cultural Communications (CCC) (2017)
- Level 5 Diploma in Human Resources Management, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, UK (2012-2015),
- Introduction to News Journalism, London School of Journalism, UK (2012)
Other courses and workshops:
- Congreso International de Traducción e Interpretación San Jerónimo (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017) Guadalajara, Mexico
- “Masterclass in Business for Translators” by Marta Stelmaszak, Wantwords (2016)
- “Way Out – A Survivor’s Guide to Translating Signs” by Chris Durban (2017)
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace, ACAS UK (2012)
- Redundancy and Restructuring – Managing the change and understanding the options, ACAS UK (2012)
- Employment Law Update, ACAS UK (2012 and 2013)